Surf Holidays with Azul - Pilates, yoga and surf in the sun
The crystal clear water and amazing waves of Fuerteventura attract surfers from all over the globe. Dubbed the ‘Hawaii of the Atlantic’ for its powerful and consistent surf, the island is also a place of immense beauty and energy; perfect for a wellbeing and surf break. Azul makes sure you get the most out of your time away by offering yoga, Pilates and surf holidays all in one.
Surf holiday packages
Yoga, Pilates and Surf Package
This package includes:
- Seven nights accommodation in Villa Azul or Lotus Lodge
- Three days surfing (equipment, wetsuits, beach transfers and expert tuition included)
- Daily sessions of Pilates, yoga and meditation at our retreat or on the beach
- Full-body massage
- Daily breakfasts (Villa Azul package also includes 5 organic vegetarian evening meals)
Prices from 555 euros at the Lotus Lodge for a shared space or from 680 euros at Villa Azul for the shared Canarias option for Yoga, Pilates and Surf package. Please enquire with your room preference, and whether you prefer shared or private options and we will confirm the surf package price for you.
Surf classes and courses
The surf classes and courses are provided by International Surfing Association (ISA) and British Surfing Association (BSA) qualified instructors, who have spent many years on the island sharing their passion for the sport and Fuerteventura’s waves. Surfing classes and courses are available for all abilities and levels, from absolute beginners to aspiring pros. Go surfing for a day or take a course – see below for more details.
Yoga and Pilates instruction
Make the most of your time out of the water with morning and evening yoga and Pilates classes. We offer a wide choice of classes – including hatha yoga, power yoga, vinyasa flow, mat-based Pilates and meditation – so whether you want to relax your body and mind or challenge yourself to a more dynamic class, the choice is yours. Our experienced, specialised instructors are passionate about what they do and our small class sizes mean you will be able to get the most out of each class.
The benefits of yoga and Pilates for surf
The benefits of both yoga and Pilates for surfing performance include increasing:
- Strength – especially core strength from Pilates
- Body awareness and synergy
- Fluidity of movement
Many of surfing’s greats now include yoga and/or Pilates in their training regimes. Head Pilates Instructor and surfer, Jamie Isaac’s list of clients includes many surfers and kitesurfing enthusiasts, including World Tournament and multiple British Kitesurf Champion, Danny Seales (who also provides specialist kite instruction).
No one gets left behind on an Azul holiday…
Why not come with a partner and each have your ideal holiday without having to compromise? Have the guilt-free freedom to go off surfing while your partner is enjoying yoga, Pilates and spa treatments (or have the guilt-free freedom to enjoy yoga, Pilates and spa treatments while your partner goes surfing!) Whichever way you look at it, everyone’s happy! Check out our ‘Surfer’s delight’ package below.
Surfer’s Delight Package
Whilst your partner is busy with yoga, Pilates and spa treatments, enjoy this guilt-free surf package:
- Seven nights accommodation in Villa Azul or Lotus Lodge (shared with partner on another Azul holiday package)
- Five days surf (equipment, wetsuits, beach transfers and expert tuition included)
- Full-body massage
- Daily breakfasts (Villa Azul package also includes 4 organic vegetarian evening meals)
- Option to add Pilates and/or yoga classes and/or spa treatments.
Please contact us for more information and prices.